Posted from Casa Grande, AZ
Well, our summer plans have come to a screeching halt.
Without going in to details, my Mom has taken a couple of falls and is in a trauma center in Northern Virginia. She is waiting for things to stabilize before she can undergo surgery to relieve pressure on her brain.
We departed Hurricane, UT yesterday and drove back to Casa Grande, AZ with the initial intention of flying out of Phoenix, AZ to Dulles Airport in Virginia to be with her and my brother. Now that we've thought more about it, we've decided to drive the motorhome back to Virginia and see if we can find a local campground to stay at for a longer period of time. (I'm from that area and campgrounds in this area are limited).
Our decision was based upon several factors. The cost of booking a "near date" flight are very expensive. We would still need to rent a car when we arrived, but most importantly, we have no idea how long we will be needed. This makes booking flights even tougher.
By taking the motorhome (our home) and pulling the toad, all of these decisions are eliminated. Obviously, it will not be as quick as a flight, but we'll be able to stay for a longer period of time.
Being fulltimers actually makes the logistics of this trip a lot easier.
We're asking everyone to say a short prayer for my Mom's recovery.